Mindfulness, Meditation, Qigong and Relaxation
A range of weekly classes will be offered throughout 2017 on Tuesday and Friday evenings during school term. Classes run for 60-90 minutes, usually starting at 7.15pm or 7.30pm.
These classes will also be offered as 2 hour, half day and and weekend workshops. They are great for people who cannot attend weekly classes and would prefer to attend longer sessions on a weekday or weekend. A number of workshops will be offered throughout 2017 on Fridays and on weekends. Go here for more details on upcoming workshops.
- Mindfulness and Relaxation
- Breathing and Qigong
- Positive Psychology and Growth Mindsets
- Self-Compassion Meditation
- TRE®, Mindfulness and Healing
- Positive Parenting
- Chronic Pain/Illness and Wellbeing
What You Will Learn
- How to focus and prioritise your attention, to help find clarity, calm and connection
- How to know and love your mind, so you can be your best
- How to breathe deeply to rejuvenate your body
- How to practice mindfulness in everyday activities.
- Discover the science and practice of self-compassion
- Learn why self-compassion is essential for health, wellbeing and motivation
- Learn how to practice self-compassion and adopt some positive psychology practices
- Realise the benefits of growth mindsets
What You Get
- 8-week program of 90 mins duration each
- Handouts and links to audio and apps
- To connect with other people in a relaxed, small group, learning format (6-15 people).
Looking for some inspiration? Keen to learn ways to de-stress. Learn how to know and love your mind, so you can feel and be your best in all aspects of your life. Learn to notice the stresses we experience in our bodies and how to use simple strategies to discharge tension.
The competing demand on our time and pace of life, are impacting us on many levels – and as a result we experience less wellbeing and more stress, anxiety and depression.
Want to stop the cycle? Caroline will introduce you to the science and practice of positive psychology, mindfulness and Qigong. Together we will explore ways to develop focus, clarity and calm.
You will learn simple techniques that you can use in your everyday life – to focus attention and tune into innate wisdom, for better decision making and peace of mind. Ultimately enabling you to thrive.
You will leave with practical skills and strategies for slowing down and taking notice and reap the wellbeing and performance benefits in your career, personal life and relationships.
A lack of self-compassion can take its toll on our physical and mental wellbeing. We can often be compassionate and kind to friends and family, even strangers, but are less familiar and comfortable with being compassionate to ourselves.
Think about a time when you consoled a friend, colleague or relative? Do you recall using the same kindness towards yourself? How often? Does self-compassion fare poorly against self-criticism? Well perhaps you are like most people, quick to berate yourself over all kinds of things yet much kinder to others. Caroline will introduce you to the science and practice of self-compassion. You will reap the wellbeing benefits of motivating yourself through kindness rather than criticism.
These classes are also a great way to connect with other people in a relaxed, small group.
Course Fees: $200 Payment upfront for 8 week course
Payment to: Caroline MacDonald ANZ BSB 013414 Account: 507026023
Book online at:
or by calling Caroline on 0402 346 985
Further information available through our Facebook Events page